Tuesday 13 March 2007

A ‘Doosra’ View On Cricket: New Kid Hits Blogosphere


So yet another cricket blog rolls off the block. One may ask WHY? I would say WHY NOT? Being in sports journalism for over seven years doesn’t make me a Peter Roebuck, agreed but it can’t be a handicap either. So love me or hate me, just don’t ignore me.

I want my blog to stand out, and not lost, in a crowd. It will not be just the routine monologue of a cricket buff bitten by the bug. I don’t want it to be as mundane as an Ashley Giles over, all six deliveries threatening to squash leg umpire’s toes. Instead, despite all his off-field vices, it would be like Shane Warne fishing out one after another gem from his magic sac.

Apart from regular stuffs like updates, features, statistics and opinion pieces, this blog will feature EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS as well. From witty to whacky and class to crass, I hope my brainchild to be liked by purists and plebian alike. And what better time than to kick off with the World Cup? Great if the Indo-Australian joint venture brings the Cup to India but do put your hands together when Brian Lara caresses it past slip or Adam Gilchrist decides to walk. Happy Reading.