2. As captain, Eoin Morgan now has more ducks than you can hope to find in a rural Bengal pond on a given day;
3. Freed from captaincy, Morgan can express himself better. As Hollywood would vouch, what suits England most is a Morgan Freeman.
4. Mitchell is Australia’s answer to Bollywood’s Rahul. Mitchells comprised 3/11th of the Australian line-up;
5. Steven Finn’s hat-trick will go down in history as a cricketing feat as memorable as something which presently escapes my mind;
6. Sri Lanka’s 98-run defeat to New Zealand is their worst since going down to Lord Ram;
7. Mahinda Rajapakse’s defeat appeared to hang heavily on Lasith Malinga’s mind.