Harbhajan Singh's Hummer has not claimed its first casualty yet.
And Irfan Pathan still bowls at a speed which allows him the luxury of fetching the ball midway and do a re-take if he doesn't like the original.
But enough strange things have happened of late to convince me that it's not easy being an Indian cricket these days and here is why:
1. Film directors dismiss you as pestering wannabe actor;
2. Female fans mistake you for a lip gloss;
3. You never know when you find yourself at the wrong end of Vinod Kambli's name-dropping spree in one of the reality shows;
4. Selectors first shove you into a garb and then dump you for posturing in borrowed plumes;
5. Your cousin, especially from hockey, casts an evil eye on your Hummer;
6. Your own state association calls you nepotic; and
7. WADA guys chase you even in your nightmare with a bottle and an injection in their hand, seeking blood and what not.