The radical idea, one is told, was aimed at curbing fuel demand and propping up a Rupee weaker than Arjun Rampal’s acting in a serious situation.
While the proposal has been smartly shelved, it forced one into seriously mulling a number of issues listed below:
1. Was Kurukshetra War fought only during daylight hours because charioteers were not allowed to refuel after 8 pm?
2. Can cops nab a youth for wearing Diesel jeans after 8 pm?
3. Can we employ the popular "...gaya tel lene" saying at night? Even if we can, do we need to clarify it's edible oil and not fuel?
4. Will Bollywood directors have to replace cars with Tonga for those intense chase scenes or face imprisonment?
5. Who can guarantee Prakash Jha won't make "Ram Teri Veerappa Moily", a socio-political film with Manoj Bajpayee playing a crooked oil minister?
6. Is it just a coincidence or did Destiny put an "'oily' in Petroleum minister M Veerappa Moily's surname?
7. To curb fuel consumption, will car owners be asked to buy it from IRCTC website?