Monday 7 April 2008

How India could have escaped the Motera mauling


Doosra loathes to believe that despite having a mammoth support staff entourage, India could not plot a ploy to avert the mauling they received in Motera.

More than batting collapse, it was sheer lack of ideas, Doosra would put it like that.

Anyway, here are a few ways that could have saved India the second Test against South Africa. (Reading Doosra posts, I reckon, would henceforth be part of Team India’s strategising process.)

  1. Motera curator Dhiraj Parsanna’s fault lies not in retaining the grass on track but his lack of pragmatism. Keeping in mind that, traditionally, green has made the Indian batsmen see red, Parsanna should have painted the grass grey. It’s all in the mind of our pampered willowers and you don't need to be a Paddy Upton to realise that.

  1. I’m sorry but Anil Kumble has to shoulder some blame as well. After the first innings fiasco, Jumbo and his men should have refused to take to the ground, protesting China’s policy on Tibet; or soaring inflation; or farmers’ suicides in Vidarbhaba despite the BCCI chief doubling up as the Agriculture Minister; or South African cricket board’s transformation policy; or…well activism never runs out of causes, you know.

  1. BCCI’s inertia is also to be blamed too. Headquartered in Mumbai, BCCI could have convinced the Shiv Sainiks – with an impressive track (digging) record– that South Africa is actually part of Pakistan and Graeme Smith’s team has no business playing cricket in India. Or you could simply tell them that Kallis & Co are die-hard Amitabh Bachchan fans, who are here to attend the ‘Bhootnath’ premier.

  1. In case Shiv Sena was not at hand, Raj Thackeray’s Maharashtra Navnirman Sena – I admit they lack the pitch-digging skill of the Shiv Sainiks -- could be convinced that the South Africans are actually North Indian taxi-drivers and Ahmedabad actually falls under the Brihanmumbai or greater Mumbai.

Image: AFP

10 comments:

straight point said...

one word...

BRILLIANT...

its nice that someone can see the light side of motera loss...

cheers!!

Som said...

Straight Point, thanks. Do visit my blog occasionally, if not frequently, hahaha. Adding you in my blogroll. Thanks again.

Kartikeya Date said...

Cool... done :)

straight point said...

thanks som...

don't worry i will visit your blog occasionally twice a day only... ;-))

cheers!!

Samir Chopra said...

Som,

Thanks for the comments on my blog. BTW, you'll notice I suggested the use of the Shiv Sena to help guarantee a draw in the second test (those guys could be good for something after all!)

Cheers,
Samir

S Kafle said...

Anyway thanks for comment and I linked back as exchange. Nice blog.

Cricket news

Som said...

Samir, welcome to my blog. And yes, the copyright of the Shiv Sena idea belongs to a certain Samir Chopra.
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Welcome to Sudip+Sujan and you are in my blogroll too.

straight point said...

OH...nice template mate!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Som

As per your e-main request,I've added your link on my blog.Now its your turn to do the same.I hope you do the same.Bye..

Anonymous said...

Hi Som

As per your e-main request,I've added your link on my blog.Now its your turn to do the same.I hope you do the same.Bye..