1. Afridi had exhausted his supply of chewing gum;
2. Someone told him cricket ball is called cherry and being the unsuspecting soul, he took it rather literally;
3. He was conducting some rudimentary research for a scientific paper on 'Edibility of A Cricket Ball';
4. He wanted to get back at teammates who taunted his bowling lacked bite;
5. To convey the message that Pakistan is not a toothless side;
6. He was doing an Adam-biting-the-forbidden-fruit-in-Garden-of-Eden impersonation for a reality show;
7. He had a bet with Stuart Broad that his teeth are stronger than the Englishman's boot nails.