That doesn't mean you cancel the home trip you had promised the players who have spent enough time in Lanka to be eligible for a citizenship there.
It was not just a low trick on the players but quite unimaginative too. Doosra suggests 7 alternative ways BCCI could have punished the players:
1. Make the whole team row its way back from Sri Lanka;
2. A favourite theme with Doosra. Ask them to write the full name of Welegedara on the grain of rice. To be fair, give them a choice between Uda Walawwe Mahim Bandaralage Chanaka Asanka Welegedara and Warnakulasuriya Patabendige Ushantha Joseph Chaminda Vaas.
3. Ask Yuvraj to share room with Suresh Raina before a Test series and come out in the morning without any culpable homicide charges against his name; alternatively ask him to report after three weeks without a bar brawl; or spend 15 minutes on the field without inviting frenzied chants from the spectators;
4. Thrust a shaving razor in Praveen Kumar’s hand and ask him to turn up clean-shaven for a match;
5. Make Ashish Nehra play a full Test with no ambulance facility within 10km of the stadium;
6. Let MS Dhoni bat with Nehra as his runner;
7. Ask Ishant Sharma to bowl with Nehra fielding at point.